Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Valmiki And Ganesha.

_______________

कूजन्तम् रामरामेति,
मधुरं मधुराक्षरं ।
आरूह्य कविताशाखां,
वन्दे वाल्मीकि कोकिलम्‌ ॥

*******
( Reference :A comment posted by me on 
Eka Akshara's photo in facebook, depicting
Valimiki and Ganesha.)

________________


I bow to The poet Valmiki,
The-Kokil,
The one who tweets (?)
In melodious notes,
"Rama-Rama",
Sitting on the twig,
Of Poetry-Tree,
But Ganesha !
You remind me of Veda-Vyasa,
And I wonder,
Is Valmeeki Veda-Vyasa in Disguise ?
Or His Avatara?
What You both are doing there ?
May I expect yet another Great epic from you ?


*********
______________________
(pics. Courtesy : Nandita Prabhu)

2 comments:

P.N. Subramanian said...

The stanza quoted above has a value addition in its Hindi Avatara. Perhaps Valmeeki was Ved Vyas in disguise.

Vinay Kumar Vaidya said...

P.N.Subramanian,

Dear Sir,

This stanza is from the famous
"RamaRaksha-Stotram",
And it came to my mind, while looking at this picture.
I related 'Valmiki" accordingly with the same and, a new 'idea' really adds to the value greatly,
-I feel.
In all humility, May I perhaps say,
Bhagawan Veda Vyasa, Lord Ganesha, and of Course Maharshi Valmiki inspired and prompted me to write this English rendering ?
Regards,
-v.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
ujjain, m.p., India
My Prominant Translation-Works Are: 1.अहं ब्रह्मास्मि - श्री निसर्गदत्त महाराज की विश्वप्रसिद्ध महाकृति "I Am That" का हिंदी अनुवाद, चेतना प्रकाशन मुम्बई, ( www.chetana.com ) से प्रकाशित "शिक्षा क्या है ?": श्री जे.कृष्णमूर्ति कृत " J.Krishnamurti: Talks with Students" Varanasi 1954 का "ईश्वर क्या है?" : "On God", दोनों पुस्तकें राजपाल संस, कश्मीरी गेट दिल्ली से प्रकाशित । इसके अतिरिक्त श्री ए.आर. नटराजन कृत, श्री रमण महर्षि के ग्रन्थों "उपदेश-सारः" एवं "सत्‌-दर्शनं" की अंग्रेज़ी टीका का हिंदी अनुवाद, जो Ramana Maharshi Centre for Learning,Bangalore से प्रकाशित हुआ है । I love Translation work. So far I have translated : I Am That (Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj's World Renowned English/Marathi/(in more than 17 + languages of the world) ...Vedanta- Classic in Hindi. J.Krishnamurti's works, : i) Ishwar Kyaa Hai, ii)Shiksha Kya Hai ? And some other Vedant-Classics. I am writing these blogs just as a hobby. It helps improve my skills and expressing-out myself. Thanks for your visit !! Contact : vinayvaidya111@gmail.com