Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Arunachala. अरुणाचल- 12.

~~~~~Arunachala. अरुणाचल -12. ~~~~~
_____________________________________
*************************************

WHAT IS MY SELF NOW ?

Devotee. - I want to know what the Heart is and where it
is and so forth. But I want to have this doubt cleared first.
I am ignorant of my own truth, my knowledge is limited,
imperfect. You say "I" means the sel, Atman (आत्मा). But
the Atman (आत्मा) is said to be always self-aware whereas
I am unaware..............
Maharshi. - People always fall in this confusion. What you 
call your 'self' is not the real Self which is neither born nor
dies.
Devotee. - Then you admit that what I call my self is the 
body or part of the body.
Maharshi. - But the body is matter (Jada, जड), it never
knows, it is always the known.
Devotee. - Then, if I am neither the Atman (आत्मा), the
Self nor the Anatman (अनात्म), the not-self.......
Maharshi. - I am coming to the rescue. Between spirit and
matter, the self and the body, there is born something which
is called the Ahamkaara (अहंकार), the ego-self, Jeeva (जीव),
the living being. Now what you call your self is this ego-self
which is different from the ever-conscious Self (आत्मा) and
from unconscious matter (जड Jada), but which at the same
time partakes of the character of both spirit and the matter;
Chetana and Jada (जड) .
Devotee. -Then when you say : "know thyself" you want
me to know this ego-self ?
Maharshi. - But the moment the ego-self tried to know itself,
it changes its character; it begins to partake less and less of
the Jada (जड), in which it is absorbed, and more and more
of the Consciousness of the Self, the Atman (आत्मा). 

_________________________________________________
*************************************************

Continued................
  
  

2 comments:

Dr. Zakir Ali Rajnish said...

विनय भाई, शानदार पोस्ट। बधाई स्वीकारें।

Vinay Kumar Vaidya said...

Thanks Zakir Bhai.
These are excerpts from a book 'Sat-Darshana Bhashya'.
Regards.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
ujjain, m.p., India
My Prominant Translation-Works Are: 1.अहं ब्रह्मास्मि - श्री निसर्गदत्त महाराज की विश्वप्रसिद्ध महाकृति "I Am That" का हिंदी अनुवाद, चेतना प्रकाशन मुम्बई, ( www.chetana.com ) से प्रकाशित "शिक्षा क्या है ?": श्री जे.कृष्णमूर्ति कृत " J.Krishnamurti: Talks with Students" Varanasi 1954 का "ईश्वर क्या है?" : "On God", दोनों पुस्तकें राजपाल संस, कश्मीरी गेट दिल्ली से प्रकाशित । इसके अतिरिक्त श्री ए.आर. नटराजन कृत, श्री रमण महर्षि के ग्रन्थों "उपदेश-सारः" एवं "सत्‌-दर्शनं" की अंग्रेज़ी टीका का हिंदी अनुवाद, जो Ramana Maharshi Centre for Learning,Bangalore से प्रकाशित हुआ है । I love Translation work. So far I have translated : I Am That (Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj's World Renowned English/Marathi/(in more than 17 + languages of the world) ...Vedanta- Classic in Hindi. J.Krishnamurti's works, : i) Ishwar Kyaa Hai, ii)Shiksha Kya Hai ? And some other Vedant-Classics. I am writing these blogs just as a hobby. It helps improve my skills and expressing-out myself. Thanks for your visit !! Contact : vinayvaidya111@gmail.com