Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

My Blogging History.

About My Blogging. 

----------------©-------------

This is how I started blogging.

Way back in 1991, I felt strong, deep urge to  translate an English Text into Hindi. The first reason was that I could though understand the subject-matter well, I was not confident enough if I could grasp the full import of the text. And in order to convince myself, I tried translating the same into Hindi. At that time I never had any other idea about how I am going to do it. I had only the urge, so started doing the task. I took it as an exercise like we do as a student who is doing his home-work. I bought a rough note-book made available to poor students at subsidised price. Some 96 pages (including the cover-pages). I started translating the book from the first chapter. I wrote in pen and soon felt every sentence needed to be restructured many a times. So,  I had completed translating the 11 chapters, when I thought of writing the next chapters in pencil so that I can often erase and write again whenever required. The translation of the remaining next chapters of the book was done in this way. I re-wrote the same while editing it again.

Someone suggested if it could be published, would be a great help to seekers who don't know English. Though I too felt the same, I  was a bit hesitant because I wasn't sure how perfect or even correct was my translation. Then somehow my work was not only wel-comed, but  accredited and accepted also by those who then made all necessary efforts and arranged for the publishing.

So therefore, I kind of became a translator! 

During 1995-96 when I was still re-writing it, I felt if only I could have a computer I can do all the typesetting myself. But at that time I could hardly meet even my daily essential needs. For me, buying a computer or getting the typesetting done was unimaginable day-dreaming.

After some more years when my book was already published (and making waves too), I could arrange for an assembled desktop computer and then my dreams got wings. I learned the basics of it, and even though having internet was yet another dream, I somehow got it.

Then, in order to get 'computer-literate' I tried to write blogs. I had no idea that I can 'publish' my work in this way also.

That is the entire story and the history also about how I started blogging.

From my very childhood, though I always hated money loved wealth at the same time, and thought money is useful like a necessary evil only.

Then I came to see how blogging, internet, and all this, - I Think is kind of big-money! I never felt I should have more than what I really needed to fulfill my essential and bare needs for living my day to day life in a very ordinary and a simple way.

After having started blogging, I learned that all this progress, competition is not only a wastage of time, it also leads to unhappiness. Now I am very happy indeed and thank God for how my journey brought me to this end.

***

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
ujjain, m.p., India
My Prominant Translation-Works Are: 1.अहं ब्रह्मास्मि - श्री निसर्गदत्त महाराज की विश्वप्रसिद्ध महाकृति "I Am That" का हिंदी अनुवाद, चेतना प्रकाशन मुम्बई, ( www.chetana.com ) से प्रकाशित "शिक्षा क्या है ?": श्री जे.कृष्णमूर्ति कृत " J.Krishnamurti: Talks with Students" Varanasi 1954 का "ईश्वर क्या है?" : "On God", दोनों पुस्तकें राजपाल संस, कश्मीरी गेट दिल्ली से प्रकाशित । इसके अतिरिक्त श्री ए.आर. नटराजन कृत, श्री रमण महर्षि के ग्रन्थों "उपदेश-सारः" एवं "सत्‌-दर्शनं" की अंग्रेज़ी टीका का हिंदी अनुवाद, जो Ramana Maharshi Centre for Learning,Bangalore से प्रकाशित हुआ है । I love Translation work. So far I have translated : I Am That (Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj's World Renowned English/Marathi/(in more than 17 + languages of the world) ...Vedanta- Classic in Hindi. J.Krishnamurti's works, : i) Ishwar Kyaa Hai, ii)Shiksha Kya Hai ? And some other Vedant-Classics. I am writing these blogs just as a hobby. It helps improve my skills and expressing-out myself. Thanks for your visit !! Contact : vinayvaidya111@gmail.com