Total Pageviews

Monday, January 30, 2023

Learning N L P Ahead.

Exactly, What Did I Learn?

---------------------©-------------------

I learnt that knowing a language facilitates communication, and communication in the exchange  of thoughts. That is truly helpful in connecting with people. But do we really need to connect? Of course, when there is a purpose. When the purpose is fulfilled why do we still cling to someone or something? Isn't that a psychological need only. You can think that love is like the lubricant that helps in keeping relationship smooth. Is that really love? We say "Thank You!" when the need is fulfilled and then run after fulfilling another need that we think is urgent. All the time we go on like this. Acquiring on and possessing things that are neither needed nor of any use to us and even more, we steal those things from those unlucky who are unable to have even the bare essentials needed for living their life.

Still our communication is focused around our selfish motives and interests only, and we are quite apathetic to the urgent needs / concerns of others. May be, because we, in the name of charity / religion, could do join some mission of charity and have a feeling of pride too. That is what we get in exchange. But the very idea about the acquiring and possessing the things that we hardly need is itself if not cruel, no doubt a foolish one. But no one is botherd.

Who cares? 

In this way I learnt what is renunciation, or giving up what is really harmful to me, and how I just fail to see this very simple,  bare and straightforward fact and reality.

This is one of the 5 key-rules or Yama "यम" as are enumerated in the scriptures. This is not to be practiced, but to be understood clearly.

The proper word is "अपरिग्रह" - not acquiring or possessing what one really doesn't need. 

The other 5 key-rules are :

अहिंसा सत्य अस्तेय ब्रह्मचर्य अपरिग्रह --

Loosely translated in English :

Non-violence, Truth, Non-stealing, Following and behaving in a way that is inspired and prompted from the feeling that all that Is, is verily the Brahman / ब्रह्मन् only.

And in this feeling, in this consciousness and awareness, it is already understood what is the essence, the Core-meaning of this :

"Brahman / ब्रह्मन्" .

"सर्वं खल्विदं ब्रह्म"

The aphorism mentioned above points out : 

This whole Existence is verily the "Brahman" / ब्रह्मन् only.

If I realize that all and everything that Is in existence Is Brahman / ब्रह्मन् only, I can at once see that I too am this Brahman / ब्रह्मन् only. So how could / would I hurt, harm, kill myself? That may create an understanding in me about what exactly is :

अहिंसा / Non-violence.

सत्य / Truth is what comes from Sat / सत्, the Brahman / ब्रह्मन् that I am and the Whole is.

Even the English word "Truth" is a cognate / सजात, सज्ञात, अपभ्रंश of the Sanskrit / संस्कृत root word "ऋत्" .

I learnt :

अहिंसा सत्य अस्तेय ब्रह्मचर्य अपरिग्रह

in a nutshell.

***


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
ujjain, m.p., India
My Prominant Translation-Works Are: 1.अहं ब्रह्मास्मि - श्री निसर्गदत्त महाराज की विश्वप्रसिद्ध महाकृति "I Am That" का हिंदी अनुवाद, चेतना प्रकाशन मुम्बई, ( www.chetana.com ) से प्रकाशित "शिक्षा क्या है ?": श्री जे.कृष्णमूर्ति कृत " J.Krishnamurti: Talks with Students" Varanasi 1954 का "ईश्वर क्या है?" : "On God", दोनों पुस्तकें राजपाल संस, कश्मीरी गेट दिल्ली से प्रकाशित । इसके अतिरिक्त श्री ए.आर. नटराजन कृत, श्री रमण महर्षि के ग्रन्थों "उपदेश-सारः" एवं "सत्‌-दर्शनं" की अंग्रेज़ी टीका का हिंदी अनुवाद, जो Ramana Maharshi Centre for Learning,Bangalore से प्रकाशित हुआ है । I love Translation work. So far I have translated : I Am That (Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj's World Renowned English/Marathi/(in more than 17 + languages of the world) ...Vedanta- Classic in Hindi. J.Krishnamurti's works, : i) Ishwar Kyaa Hai, ii)Shiksha Kya Hai ? And some other Vedant-Classics. I am writing these blogs just as a hobby. It helps improve my skills and expressing-out myself. Thanks for your visit !! Contact : vinayvaidya111@gmail.com