Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Who 'dies'?

Who 'dies'? The body does not say 'I am alive or dead'. The thought 'I shall die' stays for a second or two or comes repeatedly in our consciousness of this and so many other thoughts like this or different from this. The thought in turn is a word-structure with a clear meaning or just a notion about something. When we say 'I read a book', this thought is explicit in that, we at once understand what is the purport. We know what is 'a book', what is meant by 'reading', and what is indicated by the word 'I', namely the person which people call 'me'. And for the practical sense, this person is this physical body only.So the meaning of this thought 'I read a book' is conveyed easily. But when we say 'I shall die', the meaning of 'dying' / 'death' is not clear to us. We just know that the body will decay and could be dealt with like all things inert. The body does not nor could say this. The thought that comes in our consciousness is not a firm entity, but a wave only and comes and dissolves. This thought is but an 'idea' caused because of memory, and does not specify anything in particular. So is a hypothetical thing only. However the consciousness which knows just the arising and dissolving of this thought remains firm and unaffected by coming of such many thoughts.Could this consciousness know 'death' in the same way as it knew the 'thought'? If it ends up with the dissolution of the physical body, 'who" knows? And if it stays after the dissolution of the physical body, in what form and way? All speculation about the fact of 'death', 'rebirth' is talked about and known 'indirectly' only. We can rest assured that if in death we die, there is nothing to be worried for. And if we stay as consciousness, we are never 'dead'.
Only if one can understand this whole question, one can find peace -in death and while alive.If not, one would keep on living in doubt and fear.
-- 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
ujjain, m.p., India
My Prominant Translation-Works Are: 1.अहं ब्रह्मास्मि - श्री निसर्गदत्त महाराज की विश्वप्रसिद्ध महाकृति "I Am That" का हिंदी अनुवाद, चेतना प्रकाशन मुम्बई, ( www.chetana.com ) से प्रकाशित "शिक्षा क्या है ?": श्री जे.कृष्णमूर्ति कृत " J.Krishnamurti: Talks with Students" Varanasi 1954 का "ईश्वर क्या है?" : "On God", दोनों पुस्तकें राजपाल संस, कश्मीरी गेट दिल्ली से प्रकाशित । इसके अतिरिक्त श्री ए.आर. नटराजन कृत, श्री रमण महर्षि के ग्रन्थों "उपदेश-सारः" एवं "सत्‌-दर्शनं" की अंग्रेज़ी टीका का हिंदी अनुवाद, जो Ramana Maharshi Centre for Learning,Bangalore से प्रकाशित हुआ है । I love Translation work. So far I have translated : I Am That (Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj's World Renowned English/Marathi/(in more than 17 + languages of the world) ...Vedanta- Classic in Hindi. J.Krishnamurti's works, : i) Ishwar Kyaa Hai, ii)Shiksha Kya Hai ? And some other Vedant-Classics. I am writing these blogs just as a hobby. It helps improve my skills and expressing-out myself. Thanks for your visit !! Contact : vinayvaidya111@gmail.com