Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Who dies not?

What is not Death?
____________________
©
Who dies? The physical body, the seed that germinated in the mother's womb came from father's sperm, and how and where was the beginning of this chain. innumerable bodies came into existence and degenerated, dissolved? - We just don't know. The 'Life' that continued through all these body was never a 'person', one thinks or tends to think. The 'person' one thinks one is, assumes appearance when there is this thought in the brain. Of course, there is also a consciousness that is not 'thought' but where-in the appearance and disappearance of this thought is perceived. Even in the absence of any thought, or in the state when as the 'psychology' thinks -the thoughts keep functioning in a 'sub-conscious mind', the consciousness remains intact. say in state of sleep, when after waking up we spontaneously say, "I don't know what happens to me during sleep". One never says "I was not there in my sleep". This is evidently the proof no one can refute or deny. This indicates the consciousness where-in the uninterrupted existence of one-self was perceived was present there along-with the not-knowing state of one-self. We can say, I existed, and though don't know in what form or shape. All my worldly recognition was lost while I slept. This means one / the consciousness that supports one's physical being is independent of form and shape, though the world and the idea of being a 'person', a body and the mind associated with this body is ever so a changeless immutable underlying reality. Because the world and this 'me' as a body-mind appear and disappear together, one reach at the conclusion and also realize that this consciousness is the very foundation and source of them.
So, what really 'dies' in 'death' of a person?
Is it not the recognition only of the world and a 'me' in this perceived world that one takes different from the world and recognizes as 'my world'? Is it not this recognition that comes to a final and ultimate end? And does not this happen all the time when one is alive also? Memory keeps on adding new information and deleting the old and this apparent 'continuity' causes the notion of a center 'me' / 'person' who is but just another thought only.
Even in this moment if thought stills for a moment, we enter 'timelessness' and is not all addictions are sought after to 'gain' this state of mind for a brief or comparatively a longer moment? Sleep is the way of nature, even a way of teaching us about this secret of 'timelessness'. Time ceases to be when recognizing / recognition is lost.
Realization of this fact is awareness of the Life / Spirit / where one is Deathless. Recognition is the only Death.This death has its turns but 'What is not Death' is the ground where this play keeps on rolling on and off.
--

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
ujjain, m.p., India
My Prominant Translation-Works Are: 1.अहं ब्रह्मास्मि - श्री निसर्गदत्त महाराज की विश्वप्रसिद्ध महाकृति "I Am That" का हिंदी अनुवाद, चेतना प्रकाशन मुम्बई, ( www.chetana.com ) से प्रकाशित "शिक्षा क्या है ?": श्री जे.कृष्णमूर्ति कृत " J.Krishnamurti: Talks with Students" Varanasi 1954 का "ईश्वर क्या है?" : "On God", दोनों पुस्तकें राजपाल संस, कश्मीरी गेट दिल्ली से प्रकाशित । इसके अतिरिक्त श्री ए.आर. नटराजन कृत, श्री रमण महर्षि के ग्रन्थों "उपदेश-सारः" एवं "सत्‌-दर्शनं" की अंग्रेज़ी टीका का हिंदी अनुवाद, जो Ramana Maharshi Centre for Learning,Bangalore से प्रकाशित हुआ है । I love Translation work. So far I have translated : I Am That (Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj's World Renowned English/Marathi/(in more than 17 + languages of the world) ...Vedanta- Classic in Hindi. J.Krishnamurti's works, : i) Ishwar Kyaa Hai, ii)Shiksha Kya Hai ? And some other Vedant-Classics. I am writing these blogs just as a hobby. It helps improve my skills and expressing-out myself. Thanks for your visit !! Contact : vinayvaidya111@gmail.com