Total Pageviews

Monday, March 11, 2024

The Train Journeys.

मकोड़िया आम! 

There was once upon a time, a narrow gauge rail route from Ujjain to Agar, a  Cant / Cantonment. Last time I saw a train passing over it in the year 1978-79, going on to my duty in the bank where I worked at that time. 

I always felt fascinated and enchanted by this view. Lastly in the year 1980, this route was no more, and the rails from there were gradually removed.

The name of the station next to Ujjain was "Makodiya Aam". Makodiya means like the tiny insects, Aam means mango. After passing through this small station till reaching a few and finally to a place named "Ghonsala" the rail-route and the motor road intersected at many places and I could watch the bus would soon overtake the train. The same train that started at Ujjain and would reach Agar, would stay there for some time and then return to Ujjain. So there was always the same single train on the railway tracks.

I remember sometime before 1959, with my parents, I had travelled by this train from Agar to Ujjain, then from another broad gauge train from Ujjain to a place Dongargarh in the Present Chhattisgarh.

From there, by bus, to another, named "Khairagarh" where my father had been  transferred in the year 1958. A nice place indeed, where there was a famous Music University :

"Indira Kala Sangeeta Vishwavisyalaya". The Vice Chancellor of this University at that time was one Mr. P. N. Chinchore. His son was my friend and I often used to go there to see and to play with him. His name was Vikas. His elder brother named Prakash and a sister Alaknanda. A happy family. I met him after again in the year 1970, when he lived at -

151 Srinagar Extension Colony in Indore. This was the last when I saw him.

From 1970 onwards till 2006 I travelled so much but my last train journey was in the year 2006. I was at Gwalior and had to come to Ujjain.

Since 2006 till date I never had a chance to travel by rail.

But later on when I had my first and the last p. c. I have always been on a virtual voyage, sitting in a train named "Time". There are two platforms on both sides. I get down at any of them according to my convenience, roam about for a while on the platform and return to my rail-cabin.

In the year 2017 my p. c. broke down. Since then I'm using a mobile handset.

The two virtual platforms referred to above are the e-blogger and the WP. 

I keep on shifting from this to that and when tired, just go for a change. Maybe the "YouTube" or mail.

This engagement too works fine and I'm very much happy with it. But how long? Just can't say!! 

*** 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
ujjain, m.p., India
My Prominant Translation-Works Are: 1.अहं ब्रह्मास्मि - श्री निसर्गदत्त महाराज की विश्वप्रसिद्ध महाकृति "I Am That" का हिंदी अनुवाद, चेतना प्रकाशन मुम्बई, ( www.chetana.com ) से प्रकाशित "शिक्षा क्या है ?": श्री जे.कृष्णमूर्ति कृत " J.Krishnamurti: Talks with Students" Varanasi 1954 का "ईश्वर क्या है?" : "On God", दोनों पुस्तकें राजपाल संस, कश्मीरी गेट दिल्ली से प्रकाशित । इसके अतिरिक्त श्री ए.आर. नटराजन कृत, श्री रमण महर्षि के ग्रन्थों "उपदेश-सारः" एवं "सत्‌-दर्शनं" की अंग्रेज़ी टीका का हिंदी अनुवाद, जो Ramana Maharshi Centre for Learning,Bangalore से प्रकाशित हुआ है । I love Translation work. So far I have translated : I Am That (Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj's World Renowned English/Marathi/(in more than 17 + languages of the world) ...Vedanta- Classic in Hindi. J.Krishnamurti's works, : i) Ishwar Kyaa Hai, ii)Shiksha Kya Hai ? And some other Vedant-Classics. I am writing these blogs just as a hobby. It helps improve my skills and expressing-out myself. Thanks for your visit !! Contact : vinayvaidya111@gmail.com