Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 3, 2024

ashwattha here!

Silent Dialogues 332.

"O Arjuna!

I'm Ashwattha among all the trees..."

( Shrimadbhagvad-gita / श्रीमद्भगवद्गीता)

--

In this Jungle house on the left side of my room-cum kitchen, in the Geographical North-East side, IshAna ईशान  direction, there is an Ashwattha Tree. However, as the front side of my cottage is towards the South, I can hardly see this Tree but occasionally whenever I come across it, He casts a glance over me. Sometimes a bit reluctant as he used to do in Ujjain at  the place near planatorium where often I would go for my morning and evening walks, adjacent to Birla Hospital, behind Mahananda Nagar and before Jawahar Nagar.

Two days before I saw him and greeted with the words : Hello! 

He casts a fleeting glance over me and soon might have ignored me.

I know how he is always indifferent to all and everything in the in the world and I, just to tease him, asked a question :

"You remind me of those days when you used to talk to me sometimes at Ujjain."

He kept silent. The weather has been a bit rough and tough, and the thunder and storms have been harsh upon him. A few delicate branches were fallen on the ground and the leaves were withering and rotting. Still he was standing astute at the place.

"I know you are kind of stoic and ascetic so I can see the weather and the climates don't matter to you. From where you got this resilience of austerity, not minding the atrocities and cruelties of weather?"

A smile illuminated his face and only he and I are aware how he faces all the four directions like BrahmA.

His face on my side however replied to me :

"Let me narrate for you my Sanskrit composition."

and started to recite this stanza :

न दैन्यं नैव पलायनम्  युद्धं नैव भीरुता,

सहनं सर्वदुःखानामप्रतीकारपूर्वकम्।।

"Wow! Great, Wonderful!! This is why you and all your brethren are adored, honored and worshipped like a DevatA on the earth. Congratulations!!"

Without responding to my praise soon he withdrew in himself.

अश्वत्थः सर्ववृक्षाणां... 

Came to my mind. 

This brought before my eyes a memory when before 2016, I lived at Ujjain and would go for my walks where for the first time we met and soon an intimacy prospered between us.

***

 




No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
ujjain, m.p., India
My Prominant Translation-Works Are: 1.अहं ब्रह्मास्मि - श्री निसर्गदत्त महाराज की विश्वप्रसिद्ध महाकृति "I Am That" का हिंदी अनुवाद, चेतना प्रकाशन मुम्बई, ( www.chetana.com ) से प्रकाशित "शिक्षा क्या है ?": श्री जे.कृष्णमूर्ति कृत " J.Krishnamurti: Talks with Students" Varanasi 1954 का "ईश्वर क्या है?" : "On God", दोनों पुस्तकें राजपाल संस, कश्मीरी गेट दिल्ली से प्रकाशित । इसके अतिरिक्त श्री ए.आर. नटराजन कृत, श्री रमण महर्षि के ग्रन्थों "उपदेश-सारः" एवं "सत्‌-दर्शनं" की अंग्रेज़ी टीका का हिंदी अनुवाद, जो Ramana Maharshi Centre for Learning,Bangalore से प्रकाशित हुआ है । I love Translation work. So far I have translated : I Am That (Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj's World Renowned English/Marathi/(in more than 17 + languages of the world) ...Vedanta- Classic in Hindi. J.Krishnamurti's works, : i) Ishwar Kyaa Hai, ii)Shiksha Kya Hai ? And some other Vedant-Classics. I am writing these blogs just as a hobby. It helps improve my skills and expressing-out myself. Thanks for your visit !! Contact : vinayvaidya111@gmail.com