Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 6, 2023

Self and I

P O E T R Y  

आत्मानं  विद्धि 

--

उभौ तौ न विजानीतो

बोधमात्मनो धर्मः।।

उभौ तौ न विजानीतो,

न हन्यते हन्यमाने शरीरे।।

--

I am The Self,

I am neither the self,

I am also nor world. 

I am But Knowing,

I am But the Being,

I am not Knowledge, 

Nor I am the Memory, 

I am not the Information,

I am never the story,

I am never the thought,

Nor I am the 'thought of',

I am but the Wisdom, 

I am But the Self.

The self is though thought.

The thought is not the Self, 

I am not thought,

Thought is never, I am. 

How could I kill myself?

Isn't that Irrational?

Isn't that absurd?

It's always someone else,

That might have committed suicide.

One who dies by suicide,

Can no more be contacted,

Could neither be corrected,

For that's not only irrational,

Is quite absurd too.

Does this mean he / she dead?

Is he / she no more? 

How could we know? 

How could be so sure?

"I'm going to kill myself "

Is but a weird thought, 

That can't kill itself,

Though the one, overwhelmed,

Carried over by this thought,

Is neither the thought,

And is nor the Self.

How then one,

Could kill oneself,

Nor the Self,

How could the thought,

Could kill itself.

Because there is no Death,

Death too is but a thought.

That arises and vanishes soon.

Both, The idea and / or the self,

Never Know, but happen only,

Arise and disappear soon, 

Are known but in the Self.

Neither the body, 

Nor the mind,

Can ever Know, 

The Knowing is But the Self. 

***




No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
ujjain, m.p., India
My Prominant Translation-Works Are: 1.अहं ब्रह्मास्मि - श्री निसर्गदत्त महाराज की विश्वप्रसिद्ध महाकृति "I Am That" का हिंदी अनुवाद, चेतना प्रकाशन मुम्बई, ( www.chetana.com ) से प्रकाशित "शिक्षा क्या है ?": श्री जे.कृष्णमूर्ति कृत " J.Krishnamurti: Talks with Students" Varanasi 1954 का "ईश्वर क्या है?" : "On God", दोनों पुस्तकें राजपाल संस, कश्मीरी गेट दिल्ली से प्रकाशित । इसके अतिरिक्त श्री ए.आर. नटराजन कृत, श्री रमण महर्षि के ग्रन्थों "उपदेश-सारः" एवं "सत्‌-दर्शनं" की अंग्रेज़ी टीका का हिंदी अनुवाद, जो Ramana Maharshi Centre for Learning,Bangalore से प्रकाशित हुआ है । I love Translation work. So far I have translated : I Am That (Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj's World Renowned English/Marathi/(in more than 17 + languages of the world) ...Vedanta- Classic in Hindi. J.Krishnamurti's works, : i) Ishwar Kyaa Hai, ii)Shiksha Kya Hai ? And some other Vedant-Classics. I am writing these blogs just as a hobby. It helps improve my skills and expressing-out myself. Thanks for your visit !! Contact : vinayvaidya111@gmail.com