Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A Hindi Poem of 'dinakar' / ’दिनकर’

A Hindi Poem of 'dinakar' / ’दिनकर’
--
किसको नमन करूँ मैं भारत !
हे भारत!
(राष्ट्र-वंदना)
स्व. रामाधारीसिंह ’दिनकर’
kisako namana karūm̐ maiṃ bhārata!
English Translation : ©
Vinay Kumar Vaidya / myself  
--
किसको नमन करूँ मैं?
Who to, should I offer my obeisance?
-
Who to, should I offer my obeisance?
To You, or to the Lord of Your rivers?
To You, or to Your mountains and woods?
To who should I offer my humble obeisance,
O Bharata!
--
Are you just that triangle,
Drawn on the map of the globe?
Are You not the will of the flights,
Of the human mind across the cosmos?
You are but the Master of all Veda,
You are but all-times treasure,
Of all the secrets!
O my Beloved Country!
You are not just the stone,
the water and the clay,
Let me bow to the Consciousness,
The Being that is immanent in You,
Shining through all that idle indolence!
--
Bharata is not only one more,
A name of a place like others,
It is an attribute of man noble,
It is not a place but a character,
Immaculate, resplendent,
Of this entire, this whole earth.
At whatever place is this seen,
Bharata is That the shining Sun.
To this undivided Universe,
To this birth-place of the world whole,
Let me offer my humble obeisance,
--
Though this earth looks as if segmented,,
By mountains, streams and oceans,
When-ever two hands stretch across,
The lengths of two disjoint afar islands
The rift between the two is soon leveled,
In the hold of the handshake of  friends.
The one who creates this bridge between them,
Is no one else other than Bharata!
Let me bow, before this Great bridge, auspicious
Let me offer my humble obeisance,
--
Where-ever the strings of two hearts,
Are attuned by whosoever there,
Where-ever they are turning,
Moving the flow of the world,
Pouring, dissolving they,
In the life-stream,
The nectar of Love,
Opening the windows tightly shut,
Between the neighbor-lands of the earth,
Calling them as my own soul-kin,
Let me offer my humble obeisance,
--
Where-ever is raised,
A call for peace,
Who-so-ever holds, a lamp of 'dharma',
That brave hand is Your's own truly,
Who-so-ever stays undaunted upon truth,
Happily ready willing to make,
Sacrifice of his life for justice,
I bow before that face of humanity,
I bow before that revered forehead! 
Let me offer my humble obeisance,
O Bharata!
Let me offer my humble obeisance,
--



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
ujjain, m.p., India
My Prominant Translation-Works Are: 1.अहं ब्रह्मास्मि - श्री निसर्गदत्त महाराज की विश्वप्रसिद्ध महाकृति "I Am That" का हिंदी अनुवाद, चेतना प्रकाशन मुम्बई, ( www.chetana.com ) से प्रकाशित "शिक्षा क्या है ?": श्री जे.कृष्णमूर्ति कृत " J.Krishnamurti: Talks with Students" Varanasi 1954 का "ईश्वर क्या है?" : "On God", दोनों पुस्तकें राजपाल संस, कश्मीरी गेट दिल्ली से प्रकाशित । इसके अतिरिक्त श्री ए.आर. नटराजन कृत, श्री रमण महर्षि के ग्रन्थों "उपदेश-सारः" एवं "सत्‌-दर्शनं" की अंग्रेज़ी टीका का हिंदी अनुवाद, जो Ramana Maharshi Centre for Learning,Bangalore से प्रकाशित हुआ है । I love Translation work. So far I have translated : I Am That (Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj's World Renowned English/Marathi/(in more than 17 + languages of the world) ...Vedanta- Classic in Hindi. J.Krishnamurti's works, : i) Ishwar Kyaa Hai, ii)Shiksha Kya Hai ? And some other Vedant-Classics. I am writing these blogs just as a hobby. It helps improve my skills and expressing-out myself. Thanks for your visit !! Contact : vinayvaidya111@gmail.com