Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

~~ In Two Minds ? ~~

~~~~~~~ In Two Minds ? ~~~~~~~~
_____________________________________
*************************************



12072011
© Vinay Vaidya.

It was her birth-day. I just remembered, because 
during those college days we friends often talked
about almost every-one’s birth-date. And since then 
almost every year, on that day I just silently waited 
for the day and sometimes mentally wished her a 
very happy birth-day. I didn't know where she was, 
what would she be doing, most probably she would 
have been married off, having children and living the
life of an average (Indian) house-wife. Today I was 
determined to call her up, and wish her for the first 
time in my life, a very happy birth-day. She was busy 
as usual and had least idea that I was going to greet
her.
"Hello !"
She was on line.
"Hello, .... How are you?
"I'm fine,...! How are you?"
"Me too, just wanted to say Good morning and a very 
happy birth-day !!"
"Oh.....!"
For a moment she stopped and said, :
"Thank you, Thank you very much."
We talked about usual things, about her job, her family, 
and the rest. She asked me, if I would like to attend a 
small get-together at her home in the evening. She knew 
I hardly attend any such social functions..
"Oh sure, I will be just very happy to be with you there."
"I will be waiting,....."
"bye,...."
"bye,...."
In the evening when I reached her home, there were no 
guest or visitors. She, her daughter and son-in law, were 
the only three.
She welcomed me in the same way as, when she had left 
me on the last occasion. She hugged me softly and kissed 
on the cheek very delicately. This time I too responded her
almost in the same way. Her son-in-law and her daughter 
just watched us a bit amused and surprised, and folded their 
hands in the traditional 'namaste' way.
"Ravindra is away, and shall return tomorrow morning."
She kind of informed me. She in fact had never celebrated 
her birth-day till date. It was for her daughter's  dream that 
her birth-day should be celebrate this time, the son-in-law 
too had joined her. She had agreed. 
The meals were ready, her daughter and and the son-in-law 
wished her a "Happy birth-day to Mom", And we started.
The dinner was prepared by her daughter, and she just 
enjoyed. 
"I think I want to write a book."
She started the conversation.
"Yes."
She had been a professor in a local reputed College and 
had been teaching there Microbiology. But she had also had 
a deep interest in art, literature, and music. As usual after 
some twenty years of living a happily married house-wife's 
life, she started feeling a 'vacuum', which was getting even 
bigger and bigger.
She no more wanted to continue 'working' and had decided 
to retire in the coming days. She had travelled the length and
the breadth of India, and had lived in Europe and States for  
a short while. 
"And I am going to write the book in collaboration with you."
She chuckled.
"Seriously ?"
"Yes."
Said she the next moment.
"Could you live with us ?"
She asked.
Yes, She had already an accomodation on the up-staires.
"See, You need to be lookd-after. You live all alone, cook 
and do all other home-tasks yourself, and no-one is there 
to take your care in case you fall ill,....!"
We were sitting on the sofa side by side. 
She took my hand in hers, and kept caressing it.
The scent in her hair and her body was filling my nostrils. 
A bit flowery, but somewhat tangy too.
"O.K., shall talk about it,...." 
I assured her.
I soon returned.
In the next few days I tried to see if it was possible and
appropriate to move to her place.
____________________________
****************************

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
ujjain, m.p., India
My Prominant Translation-Works Are: 1.अहं ब्रह्मास्मि - श्री निसर्गदत्त महाराज की विश्वप्रसिद्ध महाकृति "I Am That" का हिंदी अनुवाद, चेतना प्रकाशन मुम्बई, ( www.chetana.com ) से प्रकाशित "शिक्षा क्या है ?": श्री जे.कृष्णमूर्ति कृत " J.Krishnamurti: Talks with Students" Varanasi 1954 का "ईश्वर क्या है?" : "On God", दोनों पुस्तकें राजपाल संस, कश्मीरी गेट दिल्ली से प्रकाशित । इसके अतिरिक्त श्री ए.आर. नटराजन कृत, श्री रमण महर्षि के ग्रन्थों "उपदेश-सारः" एवं "सत्‌-दर्शनं" की अंग्रेज़ी टीका का हिंदी अनुवाद, जो Ramana Maharshi Centre for Learning,Bangalore से प्रकाशित हुआ है । I love Translation work. So far I have translated : I Am That (Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj's World Renowned English/Marathi/(in more than 17 + languages of the world) ...Vedanta- Classic in Hindi. J.Krishnamurti's works, : i) Ishwar Kyaa Hai, ii)Shiksha Kya Hai ? And some other Vedant-Classics. I am writing these blogs just as a hobby. It helps improve my skills and expressing-out myself. Thanks for your visit !! Contact : vinayvaidya111@gmail.com