Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

~~Who is your Guru?"~~

~~~~~"Who is your Guru ?"~~~~~
________________________________
********************************
















(A letter to a friend ,
Also in "Notes" in facebook)

Dear Friend,
This has reference to our yesterday's chat.
You started with the question;
"Who is your Guru"
I was not prepared for this invalid question.
Even then, I replied to this embarrasing question.
"He is one, He is many."
-I said.
You insisted that one needs a Guru.
I don't know what do you mean by this.
In fact I had never a Guru in the traditional /
orthodox way. I had Teachers that taught me
about the worldly knowledge. That is 'relative', 
information-rooted. a store-house of information,
which is not the wisdom. And not at least the 
'self-knowledge.' 
I studied scriptures, and fortunately, I didn't go
to any traditional Acharya or Guru, who could 
have perhaps confused me . I tried to find-out : 
what do I want, how my mind works, how the
emotions, concepts, thoughts, etc. narrow my 
understanding of myself.
I did several 'sadhanas' like 'Japa', 'puja', and you 
know they are time-consuming. I learnt Sanskrit,
and love this language.
But my seeking came to an end when I tried to 
understand the teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi, 
and started the 'self-enquiry', according to that 
understanding.One can say He is my Guru.
But on the physical level He entered the 
Mahasamadhi in the year 1953, and I was born
in 1953. So, I didn't see Him in person.
What a coincidence !
It is His Janma-Jayanti Today, and I'm paying 
homage to Him.
I am Grateful to you, who gave me such a golden
opportunity,.....
So in my view, 
He is my Guru.
Then I tried to understand the Teachings of 
Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj,
And followed His way, simple,
"Abide as 'the Self'."
I was also studying various scriptures and 
J.Krishnamurti always attracted me. 
Whenever I took his book in my hand, my 
mind became a silence, and I could easily 
sense that He IS my Guru.
I studied SriDakshinamurti Stotram, 
VivekaChoodamani, and several other 
Classics, Upanishads, and discovered a 
common chord between their Teachings.
So about the Guru, I said to myself;
"He is One, He is Many."
I don't want to go in details, but hope 
now you may look at the things in a
different way,


Warm and affectionate Regards,




Sincerely,
...


_____________________________
*****************************

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
ujjain, m.p., India
My Prominant Translation-Works Are: 1.अहं ब्रह्मास्मि - श्री निसर्गदत्त महाराज की विश्वप्रसिद्ध महाकृति "I Am That" का हिंदी अनुवाद, चेतना प्रकाशन मुम्बई, ( www.chetana.com ) से प्रकाशित "शिक्षा क्या है ?": श्री जे.कृष्णमूर्ति कृत " J.Krishnamurti: Talks with Students" Varanasi 1954 का "ईश्वर क्या है?" : "On God", दोनों पुस्तकें राजपाल संस, कश्मीरी गेट दिल्ली से प्रकाशित । इसके अतिरिक्त श्री ए.आर. नटराजन कृत, श्री रमण महर्षि के ग्रन्थों "उपदेश-सारः" एवं "सत्‌-दर्शनं" की अंग्रेज़ी टीका का हिंदी अनुवाद, जो Ramana Maharshi Centre for Learning,Bangalore से प्रकाशित हुआ है । I love Translation work. So far I have translated : I Am That (Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj's World Renowned English/Marathi/(in more than 17 + languages of the world) ...Vedanta- Classic in Hindi. J.Krishnamurti's works, : i) Ishwar Kyaa Hai, ii)Shiksha Kya Hai ? And some other Vedant-Classics. I am writing these blogs just as a hobby. It helps improve my skills and expressing-out myself. Thanks for your visit !! Contact : vinayvaidya111@gmail.com