Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 17, 2024

In The Jungle House.

A note addressed to mysel --

--

During March 23 to February 24, I lived somewhere in a house in the jungle. You can conveniently call it a farm-house as well. With me, the only round the clock companion there, was a female pitbul. She too knew well this reality, though her owner came everyday to visit her and to give her the morning and evening meals. I too shared with her a part of my meals everyday. She had learned to live and accommodate the conditions.

My another such a great companion was my mobile handset. I often write down great blogs everyday.

I had no books nor even the note-books any, available to me. 

About 11 months passed in such a way.

Then one sunny day, as it was winter in the February month of the year 24, I had to leave that place and shifted to a city, where I had earlier lived for so long. To say almost 45 years.

This time too I was living there at the mercy of those who knew not what they should do of me. They neither let me go away, nor could help me living a simple life in my own way. God knows what was on their mind.

So one fine day of August 4th I somehow managed to run away from them with a bit of acrimony, I felt they too couldn't stop me from going away.

I came up to this another Jungle-house.

Far better than the earlier one where I lived for almost eleven months. 

Here where presently the temperature is 32° in the room and 34° outside, and the electricity plays hide and seek for hours, I'm doing penance / तपस्  which I always did in the past in the extreme conditions, in the another jungle house at so many other places. Jungles too have their own pleasures and pains, troubles risks and joys and difficulties. But even then, one can live in peace and tranquility if mind if one can see that it's the way of life.

The External conditions and situations hardly matter.

If one can see the 5 modes of the mind are but the whole and entire personal life, and one is aware that sleep too is one of those 5 modes of mind, one can sit in the chair or walk in the fields or road with a mind Empty of Thoughts.

सोचो भी मत, सोओ भी मत! 

Was the only mantra I often followed in whatever external conditions might be.

There I came to see how sleep is again an activity (वृत्ति) - mode if mind where "ego" sustains.

So Either on the bed or an other place I could remember :

सोचो भी मत, सोओ भी मत! 

Don't think, and don't go to sleep!

Was what I often reminded to myself.

Even if I couldn't sleep it hardly matters.

I felt. 

The body is of no consequence any. Let the body perform its so many different and various actions. Let the mind too its own.

I didn't try to practice silence or stop the mind from chattering whenever it did.

I had earlier studied The Patanjala Yoga-Sutra and knew well theoretically and  satisfactorily what I could understand in my own way. The nirodha pariNAma, the ekAgratA pariNAma and the samAdhi pariNAma, trayamekatraM saMyamaH.

As elaborated in the four chapters :

samAdhi-sAdhana-vibhUti-kaivalya.

The many kinds of samAdhi like :

असंप्रज्ञात, संप्रज्ञात,

सविकल्प, निर्विकल्प,

सवितर्क, निर्वितर्क,

केवल निर्विकल्प, सहज निर्विकल्प

But in the jungle house I had plenty of time to contemplate about what all this really meant, and their importance. 

I understood how

त्रयमेकत्र संयमः

is to be practiced, and how it helps in attaining certain mysterious and occult powers mind.

But I had already in my mind that these Powers are as such in the waking state only  

स्वविषयासंप्रयोगे चित्तस्वरूपानुकार इवेन्द्रियाणां प्रत्याहारः।।2.54।।

व्युत्थाननिरोधसंस्कारयोरभिभवप्रादुर्भावौ निरोधक्षणचित्तान्वयो निरोधपरिणामः।।3.9।।

In this way I realized the same power that manifests as Siddhi in the waking state is latent there in the state of samAdhi, and which could be any of the kinds said earlier.

Here again all this comes to the mind when at 32° temperature, I am writing all this.

Even now, I've no books available to me any to refer to. I write with the memory.  Einstein once said :

"Time is Illusion".

J. Krishnamurti, in his earlier writings, "Poems and Parables" wrote down, 

"Time and Space exist(s) in mind only."

As Time and Space are interdependent, we could say exist or exists according to whether we believe them two distinct or one and the same. And therefore Time is illusion for the observer who too is not other than the observed.

J. Krishnamurti knew well that There is but only one and the same Reality that -- because of consciousness appears as the  observed and the observer.

Einstein had yet to ascertain and know this. 

While mind itself has no independent existence, how the Objective Reality may have any?

UpaniShad declares :

सर्वं खल्विदं ब्रह्म, एकं सत् विप्राः बहुधा वदन्ति, अयमात्मा ब्रह्म, तत्वमसि, अहं ब्रह्मास्मि, प्रज्ञानं ब्रह्म ...

***





No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
ujjain, m.p., India
My Prominant Translation-Works Are: 1.अहं ब्रह्मास्मि - श्री निसर्गदत्त महाराज की विश्वप्रसिद्ध महाकृति "I Am That" का हिंदी अनुवाद, चेतना प्रकाशन मुम्बई, ( www.chetana.com ) से प्रकाशित "शिक्षा क्या है ?": श्री जे.कृष्णमूर्ति कृत " J.Krishnamurti: Talks with Students" Varanasi 1954 का "ईश्वर क्या है?" : "On God", दोनों पुस्तकें राजपाल संस, कश्मीरी गेट दिल्ली से प्रकाशित । इसके अतिरिक्त श्री ए.आर. नटराजन कृत, श्री रमण महर्षि के ग्रन्थों "उपदेश-सारः" एवं "सत्‌-दर्शनं" की अंग्रेज़ी टीका का हिंदी अनुवाद, जो Ramana Maharshi Centre for Learning,Bangalore से प्रकाशित हुआ है । I love Translation work. So far I have translated : I Am That (Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj's World Renowned English/Marathi/(in more than 17 + languages of the world) ...Vedanta- Classic in Hindi. J.Krishnamurti's works, : i) Ishwar Kyaa Hai, ii)Shiksha Kya Hai ? And some other Vedant-Classics. I am writing these blogs just as a hobby. It helps improve my skills and expressing-out myself. Thanks for your visit !! Contact : vinayvaidya111@gmail.com