Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 8, 2021

Frontiers of Knowledge.

ज्ञा > जानाति, meaning 'to know' in Sanskrit, is the verb-root which turns into 

"knowledge" and "knowing".

"knowledge" is memory and information encoded in the framework of "thought" / words,  while "knowing" is "wisdom" which has the verb-root विद् > विद्यते, वेत्ति, विन्दते, वेदयति, 

which respectively means : 

exists, knows, gains / finds, and learns.

Again, the word 'find' (German > 'finden') is cognate (सज्ञात,सजाति) of the Sanskrit word :

अवग्रहण / ग्रहण

Respectively.

I always loved reading, going through the blogs about the latest developments in :

Science, Medicine, Mathematics, Psychology, and the contemporary and ancient religion.

Yesterday I came across these posts :

1. 5 Reasons Why I left the AI... 

(Alberto Romero, - 

towardsdatascience.com ,

2. bacteria 'shuffle' their genetics ...

(Celia Souque, - April 7, 2021

theconversation-com )

3. Mathematics as Team Sport

(Kevin Hartnett, 

-March 31, 2020,

quantamagazine.org)

4. New Research documents the... 

(Timothy W Jones -

April 07, 2021, the conversation-com)

This is just a brief account of what kind of topics I like to go through, while on the net. 

Because of so many reasons I'm just unable to have and afford a computer of my own.

So far, I always noted these and other such present latest developments are far behind the way Veda and Vedanta deal with various aspects of knowledge,  knowing and wisdom, even what we think is "INTELLIGENCE".

पतञ्जलि clearly and concisely defines "THOUGHT" as  "वृत्ति",

which loosely translated into English could be replaced by the word :

"consciousness".

Obviously, Thought is verily 

"The natural intelligence".

And "Thought" can never transcend it's own frontiers : 

"THE KNOWN".

While wisdom is but a flash of intelligence, it is ever so conditioned / made into a slave by "THOUGHT", that it rarely manifests in its genuine form.

All our latest research is prompted and prodded by "THOUGHT".

I often remember how 

मुण्डकोपनिषद् 

deals with this in terms of :

परा विद्या  

and,

अपरा विद्या .

Then  Gita (श्रीमदभगवद्गीता)

Tells unequivocally :

व्यवसायात्मिका बुद्धिरेकेह कुरुनन्दन। 

बहुशाखःह्यनन्ताश्च बुद्धयोऽव्यवसायिनाम् ।। ४१

भोगैश्वर्यप्रसक्तानां तयाऽपहृतचेतसाम् ।

व्यवसायात्मिका बुद्धिः समाधौ न विधीयते ।। ४४

--

Still I wonder, deeply feel and anxious where we are heading towards. I sincerely admit, I have no any solution for the present day predicament the mankind has been caught into.

--








No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
ujjain, m.p., India
My Prominant Translation-Works Are: 1.अहं ब्रह्मास्मि - श्री निसर्गदत्त महाराज की विश्वप्रसिद्ध महाकृति "I Am That" का हिंदी अनुवाद, चेतना प्रकाशन मुम्बई, ( www.chetana.com ) से प्रकाशित "शिक्षा क्या है ?": श्री जे.कृष्णमूर्ति कृत " J.Krishnamurti: Talks with Students" Varanasi 1954 का "ईश्वर क्या है?" : "On God", दोनों पुस्तकें राजपाल संस, कश्मीरी गेट दिल्ली से प्रकाशित । इसके अतिरिक्त श्री ए.आर. नटराजन कृत, श्री रमण महर्षि के ग्रन्थों "उपदेश-सारः" एवं "सत्‌-दर्शनं" की अंग्रेज़ी टीका का हिंदी अनुवाद, जो Ramana Maharshi Centre for Learning,Bangalore से प्रकाशित हुआ है । I love Translation work. So far I have translated : I Am That (Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj's World Renowned English/Marathi/(in more than 17 + languages of the world) ...Vedanta- Classic in Hindi. J.Krishnamurti's works, : i) Ishwar Kyaa Hai, ii)Shiksha Kya Hai ? And some other Vedant-Classics. I am writing these blogs just as a hobby. It helps improve my skills and expressing-out myself. Thanks for your visit !! Contact : vinayvaidya111@gmail.com